"Do you need to restructure
your business in order to
maximise its potential?"
"4 convenient office
locations - you come to
us or we come to you."
"Save time and money by
having one firm for all your
legal and accounting needs."
"We can help you on
the path to achieving
your business goals."
"Giving our clients the
best integrated legal and
Administrative Decisions Tribunal
What does the tribunal do?
The tribunal has three main functions:
- To review specific administrative decisions of the New South Wales Government Agencies;
- To resolve discrimination and retail lease disputes; and
- To exercise disciplinary and regulatory functions over a range of professional and occupational groups.
It also has an Appeal panel and six Divisions:
- The General Division which mainly reviews decisions of government agencies,
- The Community Services Division which reviews decisions made by the NSW Government agencies in the Community Services sector.
- The Revenue Division, which reviews certain decision made by the Chief Commissioner of State Revenue.
- The Legal Services Division which primarily deals with complaints regarding the conduct of legal practitioners.
- The Equal Opportunity Division, which deals with complaints regarding discrimination, harassment, vilification and many others.
- The Retail Leases Division, which hears retail tenancy claims and unconscionable conduct claims under the Retail Leases Act 1994.
Who can appear?
Who can appear will vary on the applicable division but it will also vary on what division it is. For example the General Division “Application for Review” must be made within 28 days of the government agencies decision. However under the Retail Leases division before you apply to the tribunal you must refer the dispute to the Registrar of the Retail Tenancy Unit for mediation.
The Administrative Decisions Tribunal of New South Wales is located on Level 15, at 111 Elizabeth Street, Sydney in the St James Centre.
Our dedicated team can assist you with queries relating to matters involving the Administrative Decisions Tribunal. Complete and submit the Express Enquiry form on the top right hand side of this page and we will contact you to discuss your enquiry, or call us on 1300 QUINNS (1300 784 667) or on +61 2 9223 9166 to arrange an appointment.
© The Quinn Group Australia Pty Ltd ABN 86 078 526 860
The Quinn Group operates Quinn Consultants, Quinn Lawyers, Quinn Financial Planning and Quinn Financial Solutions. The Quinn Group provides related information in regard to legal, accounting and financial planning issues. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation* *other than for the acts or omissions of financial services licensees.