"Do you need to restructure
your business in order to
maximise its potential?"
"4 convenient office
locations - you come to
us or we come to you."
"Save time and money by
having one firm for all your
legal and accounting needs."
"We can help you on
the path to achieving
your business goals."
"Giving our clients the
best integrated legal and
Australian Competition Tribunal
What does this Tribunal do?
The tribunal acts as a review body. It re-hears or re-considers a matter. It has the same powers and performs the same functions and of the original decisions-maker for the purposes of review. Its powers including affirming a decision, setting it aside or varying the original decision.
The tribunal hears the following matters:
- Application for review of determinations from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
- Companies with regards to merges and acquisitions.
- Applications for review of certain decisions of the Minister or the Commission in access matters.
- To inquire into and report to the Minister on whether a non conference ocean carrier has a substantial degree of market power on a trade route.
Who can appear?
- All consumers can appear, therefore it is important to know your rights regarding things like warranties, prices, contracts, advertising etc.
- Small Businesses with regards to complaints, dealings with customers, dealings with other businesses etc.
The Australian Competition Tribunal has dedicated officers in Melbourne and Sydney, located within the Federal Court of Australia registries.
Our dedicated team can assist you with queries relating to matters involving the Australian Competition Tribunal. Complete and submit the Express Enquiry form on the top right hand side of this page and we will contact you to discuss your enquiry, or call us on 1300 QUINNS (1300 784 667) or on +61 2 9223 9166 to arrange an appointment.
© The Quinn Group Australia Pty Ltd ABN 86 078 526 860
The Quinn Group operates Quinn Consultants, Quinn Lawyers, Quinn Financial Planning and Quinn Financial Solutions. The Quinn Group provides related information in regard to legal, accounting and financial planning issues. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation* *other than for the acts or omissions of financial services licensees.