"Do you need to restructure
your business in order to
maximise its potential?"
"4 convenient office
locations - you come to
us or we come to you."
"Save time and money by
having one firm for all your
legal and accounting needs."
"We can help you on
the path to achieving
your business goals."
"Giving our clients the
best integrated legal and
The Guardianship Tribunal is a legal tribunal that protects and empowers people living with a disability. It makes decisions for people with disabilities who lack the capacity to make certain decisions for themselves. The Tribunal does this by appointing guardians and financial managers.
What does the Tribunal do?
The Guardianship Tribunal can do the following with regards to enduring guardians:
- Suspend, revoke, confirm or vary the appointment made
- Can declare that the appointment has effect.
- Can appoint a substitute enduring guardian.
- Can remove attorneys and appoint a substitute.
- Can reinstate lapsed power of attorneys.
Who can appear at the Tribunal?
The person who makes the application needs a guardian if he or she:
- Has a disability;
- Is incapable of making their own lifestyle decisions; and
- Needs a guardian.
A person will need a financial manager if he or she:
- Is incapable of managing their own affairs; and
- A financial manager needs to be appointed; and
- It is in the person’s best interests that the order be made.
The Guardianship Tribunal’s only location is Sydney at 2a Rowntree Street, Balmain.
Our dedicated team can assist you with queries relating to matters involving the Guardianship Tribunal. Complete and submit the Express Enquiry form on the top right hand side of this page and we will contact you to discuss your enquiry, or call us on 1300 QUINNS (1300 784 667) or on +61 2 9223 9166 to arrange an appointment.
© The Quinn Group Australia Pty Ltd ABN 86 078 526 860
The Quinn Group operates Quinn Consultants, Quinn Lawyers, Quinn Financial Planning and Quinn Financial Solutions. The Quinn Group provides related information in regard to legal, accounting and financial planning issues. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation* *other than for the acts or omissions of financial services licensees.