"Do you need to restructure
your business in order to
maximise its potential?"
"4 convenient office
locations - you come to
us or we come to you."
"Save time and money by
having one firm for all your
legal and accounting needs."
"We can help you on
the path to achieving
your business goals."
"Giving our clients the
best integrated legal and
What does the Commission do?
The Commission has three main functions:
- To assist the courts to achieve consistency in sentencing.
- To organise and supervise an appropriate scheme of continuing education and training of judicial officers.
- Examine complaints against judicial officers.
The commission function is to investigate complaints against a judicial officer. The commission cannot discipline “judicial officer” in any way.
A “judicial officer” means:
- Judge or associate judge of the Supreme Court of New South Wales;
- Member (including a judicial member) of the Industrial Relations Commission of New South Wales;
- Judge of the Land and Environment Court of New South Wales;
- Judge of the District Court of New South Wales;
- Magistrate; and
- The President of the Administrative Decisions Tribunal.
Who can make a complaint?
A complaint can be made to the Commission by any person or it can be referred to the Commission by the Attorney General.
The Commission only has one location which is in Sydney, Level 5, Thakral House, 301 George Street.
Our dedicated team can assist you with queries relating to matters involving the Judicial Commission. Complete and submit the Express Enquiry form on the top right hand side of this page and we will contact you to discuss your enquiry, or call us on 1300 QUINNS (1300 784 667) or on +61 2 9223 9166 to arrange an appointment.
© The Quinn Group Australia Pty Ltd ABN 86 078 526 860
The Quinn Group operates Quinn Consultants, Quinn Lawyers, Quinn Financial Planning and Quinn Financial Solutions. The Quinn Group provides related information in regard to legal, accounting and financial planning issues. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation* *other than for the acts or omissions of financial services licensees.